CGA Announces Return to In-Person Meetings & Events
July 30, 2021 (Update: September 10, 2021)
We are pleased to announce that the Compressed Gas Association (CGA) plans to resume in-person committee meetings and events starting in September 2021. We look forward to welcoming our CGA members, affiliated association representatives, and other members of the compressed gas safety community to our new headquarters in McLean, Virginia.
CGA’s office is now located at 8484 Westpark Drive, Suite 220 in McLean, Virginia. Our location is convenient to both Washington-Dulles International Airport (IAD; 13.1 miles) and Reagan National Airport (DCA; 15.7 miles, metro access available). The metro runs directly past the office with two conveniently located stops at Greensboro and Spring Hill, both of which are approximately a half mile walk from the office. There are many convenient amenities in the immediate area, with numerous hotels and dining options a short walk or drive away. CGA will provide a list of local hotel options with any announcements for in-person meetings or events.
As we prepare to resume in-person meetings and events in the midst of COVID-19, we are actively monitoring recommendations from federal and local health authorities. We have developed a policy for in-person meetings and events in order to communicate requirements for visiting our office, which is provided below. As you make plans to join us for future in-person events, please familiarize yourself with this updated policy. When you RSVP or register for an in-person event, you will be asked to confirm that you have read, understood, and agree to comply with the CGA Meeting Policy.
If you are not able to attend in-person, we will continue to offer virtual attendance options for all CGA meetings and events through the end of the year.
CGA’s Policy for In-Person Meetings & Events (as of September 10, 2021)
CGA staff will work closely with committee leadership to determine the format for upcoming meetings based on the estimated meeting length and complexity of topics to be addressed. When an in-person format is offered, virtual attendance options will also be available for those who cannot attend in-person.
CGA is committed to continuing to provide a safe and healthy environment for all participants and staff. We have adopted preventative measures to reduce the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus at our events in accordance with guidance provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and our event venue facilities. In addition, CGA will comply with all applicable requirements imposed by federal, state, or local health authorities for the locality where our events are held. We will continue to monitor guidance from these authorities and will modify our policies as needed to reflect evolving requirements and best practices related to COVID-19 and will notify registered attendees of any changes. At the time of event registration, all attendees will be asked to acknowledge that they have read and agree to abide by this policy and CGA’s Event Waiver and Release Regarding COVID-19, which is provided at the end of this article for your convenience.
Our meetings and events include participants who travel from across the U.S. and abroad. Due to the significant regional variance in COVID-19 transmission rates, CGA will follow CDC guidance for areas of substantial or high transmission in order to best protect our staff and participants.
The responsibility for a safe and healthy environment is shared by CGA, event attendees, and event venues. Towards this end, all event attendees are expected to also comply with all applicable requirements imposed by federal, state, or local health authorities for the locality in which the conference is taking place, and in addition to our code of conduct, they are expected to adhere to and abide by the safety precautions CGA has implemented to protect against the spread of COVID-19.
Vaccines & Testing
- CGA will require that all visitors provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 24 hours prior to arrival at our office or event.
- Meeting attendees are expected to comply with this policy based on their vaccination and health status.
- Do not travel to CGA’s office if you are experiencing any illness symptoms, have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days, or have had close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days. CGA reserves the right to deny entry to anyone who is exhibiting signs of illness.
- Anyone entering CGA’s office must complete a temperature screening at the main entrance. Anyone with a temperature reading of 100.4° F or higher will not be permitted to enter the office and will be asked to leave the building immediately.
- Event attendees should self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and are asked to contact CGA at 703-788-2700 or CGA@cganet.com if they experience symptoms of or are diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days after participating in an in-person CGA event. Any private health or personal data that may be received by CGA will be treated as confidentially as possible. CGA will notify all staff and event attendees of any potential COVID-19 exposures.
- All participants in CGA meetings and events are required to wear a mask covering your nose and mouth in the common areas of CGA’s office building including the lobby, parking garage, elevator, hallways, and restrooms and throughout the CGA office suite.
- Masks may only be removed indoors while actively eating and drinking, but you should be stationary and maintain appropriate 6ft physical distancing while your mask is not covering your nose and mouth.
- See the CDC Guide to Masks for more information about mask wearing.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) should maintain 6ft. physical distancing and avoid direct physical contact with other attendees. CGA’s meeting rooms and event facilities have limited space; as a result, individuals requiring physical distancing may be asked to participate in the event from a separate meeting room, if available.
Heightened Sanitation Practices
- All participants should wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Hand sanitizer and surface sanitizing wipes are prevalent and available for use throughout CGA’s office suite and our office building.
- Frequently touched surfaces in the common areas of our office building are routinely sanitized by housekeeping staff.
Please note that by attending a CGA meeting or event, you agree to adhere to the precautions, policies, waivers, and release contained herein and acknowledge and understand that you are knowingly and freely assuming all risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19. Further, you understand that refusal to adhere to these policies and abide by these precautions may result in immediate removal from the event and cancellation of your registration, without receiving a refund of any fees paid.
CGA’s EVENT ATTENDEE WAIVER AND RELEASE REGARDING COVID-19
I acknowledge that there are many unknowns related to the COVID-19 virus, including but not limited to all of its methods of transmission, presentation of symptoms, and duration. I understand that by attending the Event there is a risk that I will be exposed to and contract COVID-19 and that I may transmit COVID-19 to others. I understand the hazards of COVID-19, including severe illness, prolonged illness, permanent injury, derivative diseases and conditions, aggravation of existing medical conditions, and, in some cases, death. I am familiar with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) guidelines and the guidelines set by the state (Virginia Department of Health) where I am attending the Event relating to COVID-19. I acknowledge and understand that the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day to day and that, accordingly, the CDC and state guidelines are regularly modified and updated and I accept full responsibility for familiarizing myself with the most recent updates.
“Releasees” means (i) Compressed Gas Association, Inc., its affiliates and its predecessors, successors, members, directors, managers, officers, employees, agents, agents and insurers, (ii) the Event sponsors and organizers, and (iii) the owner and management of the venue for the Event.
In consideration for receiving permission to attend the Event and by attending the Event, I, on behalf of myself and my heirs, representatives, successors and assigns, hereby release, waive, hold harmless and covenant not to sue Releasees for any actions, claims or damages in law or in equity of whatever kind, including, without limitation, all tort and contract claims and attorneys’ fees and costs, relating to the transmission or spread of COVID-19; my exposure to COVID-19; my contracting COVID-19; any treatment or testing I may receive related to COVID-19; derivative diseases or conditions and aggravation of existing medical conditions from exposure to or contracting COVID-19; my transmission of COVID-19; or otherwise relating in whole or in part to COVID-19, or any financial damages, physical injury, emotion or mental health injury, or any other injury related in whole or in part to COVID-19, including those actions, claims or damages arising out of the acts or failure to act of the Releasees, any individuals attending the Event or providing services for the Event, or my own acts or failure to act while I am attending the Event. I hereby assume all risks related to COVID-19 in connection to my attendance of the Event.
During my attendance at the Event (including time spent on the premises prior to or after the Event), I agree to comply with any and all requirements of Compressed Gas Association, Inc., the Event sponsors, the Event organizers, and the owner and management of the premises where the Event is to be held (collectively, “Event Team”) related to COVID-19, including but not limited to compliance with governmental directives and/or orders, use of social distancing and/or masks, temperature taking, immediate disclosure of symptoms and/or knowledge of possible infection, personal hygiene, and any other orders or directives issued by the Event Team or any of them, or the federal, state, or local governments.
I affirm that I have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the Event and that I am not currently experiencing any symptoms commonly associated with COVID-19. I also affirm that I have not had close contact (more than 15 minutes in a 24-hour period) with any individual diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the Event.
If any provision of this instrument is declared unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions of this instrument shall remain in full force and effect. I agree that the site of any action shall be the federal or state courts in Virginia, and the law of the State of Virginia shall govern any claims without regard to conflicts of law principles. The terms of this agreement shall continue and be in effect after the period of my attendance of the Event.