Committee Spotlight: Hydrogen Technology Committee
September 23, 2022
There are over 25 committees dedicated to supporting the CGA mission of providing technical and safety information through standard development.
Who are these committees, what are their individual missions, and what do they bring to CGA members and the compressed gas industry?
CGA’s Hydrogen Technology Committee
CGA’s Hydrogen Technology Committee promotes safety in the transportation, handling, storage, and use of hydrogen in liquid (cryogenic) form, gaseous form, and adsorbed in hydrides. The committee develops the following types of documents:
- Standards for hydrogen systems and their components for industrial, fuel technology, and other applications.
- Recommendations for updates to model codes and standards related to hydrogen systems.
The Hydrogen Technology Committee generally meets twice yearly, with the next meeting being held on November 1-3, 2022.
Upcoming Hydrogen Technology Committee Work Items Include
- Revising CGA G-5, Hydrogen, and CGA H-3, Cryogenic Hydrogen Storage, to establish these existing CGA standards as new American National Standards.
- Creating a new publication titled Hydrogen System Standard Procedures
- Creating a new hydrogen chapter for the next edition of the CGA Handbook of Compressed Gases.
Mark Your Calendar
Hydrogen Technology Committee Meeting
November 1-3, 2022
CGA Office | McLean, VA
Hydrogen Seminar – the first CGA Hydrogen Seminar since 2008!
Questions or interested in participating?
If you have any questions or are interested in participating on the CCY Committee, please contact Tom Deary.