The Compressed Gas Association (CGA) is hiring a full time Technical Manager.
Come join a team of professionals working to promote the safe manufacture, transportation, storage, and disposal of industrial, medical, and food gases and their containers. Compressed gases are used in thousands of applications in everyday life, Your role will be pivotal to ensuring the continued safety of the industry.
As a Technical Manager you will:
- Lead CGA committees in developing, revising, publishing and promoting technical standards, guidelines and training materials.
- Build on CGA’s strong relationships with U.S. and Canadian regulatory authorities to promote effective regulation that will benefit safe practices within the industry and enable the industry to remain self-regulating.
- Participate in national and international standards-setting organizations such as the National Fire Protection Association, ISO and the UN.
- Contribute to the development of CGA’s highly regarded seminars, webinars, and conferences.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, chemistry, management or related technical disciplines. Work experience must include significant experience in industrial gases or related industries in areas such as plant operations, transportation, distribution, engineering, or regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are essential. Candidate must be able to explain complicated technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong facilitation skills in order to work with people having conflicting views, and be able to bring about consensus.
- Experience in developing consensus standards is a plus.
- Candidate must be capable of managing multiple projects and priorities and must have a track record of achieving constructive change.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, both domestically and internationally.
- Remote location possible although travel to CGA headquarters in McLean, VA will be required.
The successful candidate will be joining a team of 16 based primarily in McLean, VA. CGA offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits
Since 1913, the Compressed Gas Association (CGA) has been dedicated to ever-improving safe, secure, and environmentally responsible manufacture, transportation, storage, transfilling, and disposal of industrial and medical gases and their containers. CGA represents over 150 member companies including manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, and transporters of gases, cryogenic liquids, and related products encompassing industrial, medical, and specialty gases in compressed or liquefied form, and a range of gas handling equipment. CGA provides technical and advocacy leadership to establish safety standards; provide safety information and warnings about the chemical or physical properties of gases and their containers; and provide technical training and education. CGA is a recognized leading authority in the development of hydrogen standards. You can learn more about CGA by visiting our website www.cganet.com.
To be considered for the position, please submit your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com Applications will be considered until the position is filled.