Jerry works with the following CGA committees:
- Canadian Cylinder Specifications Committee
- Canadian Transportation Committee
- Cylinder Specifications Committee
- Cylinder Valve Committee
- Distribution and Fleet Safety Committee
- Environmental Committee
- Industrial Gases Apparatus Committee
- Specialty Gases Committee
- U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 58/SC 2, Cylinder fittings
- U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 58/SC 3, Cylinder design
- U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 58/SC 4, Operational requirements for gas cylinders
- U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 158, Analysis of gases
Jerry Sameth joined the CGA staff, February 2013, as a Technical Manager after retiring from Matheson where he worked from 1980-2013.
His involvement with CGA dates back to December 1984 when he became the Voting Member for Matheson for the forerunner of the present Cylinder Valve Committee, and later the Cylinder Specifications Committee of the Compressed Gas Association.
In his present role as a Technical Manager he cares for the following CGA Committees; Canadian Transportation, Cylinder Specifications, Cylinder Valve, Distribution and Fleet Safety, Environmental, Industrial Apparatus, and Specialty Gases. Additionally, he serves on the US Technical Advisory Group to ISO Technical Committee 58, Subcommittees 2,3, 4 which cover Cylinder Valves, Cylinder Design, and Operational Requirements. He also represents the CGA at the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Cylinder Committee’s, CSA B339-B342.
Jerry received a Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical) Degree from the City College of New York in June 1971.
He lives in Wayne, NJ with his wife of 52 years, Fran. They have 4 adult children who live in the greater New York Metropolitan Area and the Chicago suburbs,