Rob works with the following CGA committees:
- Bulk Distribution Equipment and Standards Committee
- Canadian Pressure Vessels and Piping Systems Committee
- Hazardous Materials Codes Committee
- Hydrogen Technology Committee
- Natural Gas Technology Committee
- U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 58, Gas cylinders
- U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 197, Hydrogen technologies
- U.S. TAG for ISO/TC 220, Cryogenic vessels
Rob also serves as Committee Chair for:
- ISO/TC 58/SC 4, Operational requirements for gas cylinders (Secretariat)
Rob Early is a technical manager at CGA and supports several technical committees, including the Hydrogen Technology committee and the Hazardous Materials Codes Committee. Rob is also engaged in CGA’s work with other aligned organizations, including serving as chair of the US Technical Advisory Group for ISO/TC 197/SC 1, Hydrogen at scale, and serving as chair of the global committee for ISO/TC 58/SC 4, Operational requirements for gas cylinders.
Rob started working with CGA technical committees as a member from Praxair (now Linde) in 2004 and joined CGA staff as a technical manager in 2018. At Praxair Rob developed standards for hydrogen and other compressed gas supply systems as well as designed and started up customized supply systems. While a CGA member from Praxair, Rob led the development of new CGA publications for hydrogen, medical gas, and industrial gas supply systems as well as updates to standards.
Rob has a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Rochester Institute of Technology and an MBA from Niagara University.
Rob lives in Elma, NY, a Buffalo suburb.