2023 CGA Safety and Reliability of Industrial Gases, Equipment, and Facilities Seminar
The 2023 CGA Safety and Reliability of Industrial Gases, Equipment, and Facilities Seminar was held October 10-12, in McLean, Virginia. This is CGA’s longest running seminar, first held in 1962. This year’s seminar was chaired by Jonathan Casey of Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. and managed by the Atmospheric Gases and Equipment Committee Seminar Planning Task Force.
Over 60 people from around the world attended this year’s seminar to hear presentations on technical topics addressing:
- Hydrocarbon and hydrocarbon enrichment
- Hydrogen jet fires and jet explosions
- Coldbox inspection using drones
- Liquid oxygen pumps
- Carbon dioxide and hose whip
- Unmanned plants
- Inner vessels and storage tanks
- Foam insulated liquid lines
- Pressure tanks
- Hydrogen liquefiers
- Risk based inspection
- Coldbox equipment
- Hydrogen venting
- Oxygen compressors
- … and more!
CGA would like to thank the speakers for their time and effort to ensure the success of this seminar:
- David Parsnick, Fellow ASU Process Safety, Linde
- Derek Miller, Process Safety Director, Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.
- Florent Le Clainche, Large Industries – Industrial Watch Manager, Air Liquide
- Sudhir Phakey, Sr Director of Bulk Process Safety, Linde
- Ellen Zeng, Associate Director Process Engineering, Linde
- John P. Smith, Fleet Engineering Supervisor, Messer North America, Inc.
- Jim White, Director, Linde
- Sven Erhardt, Senior Expert Process Safety, Linde Engineering
- Nico Van Luijk, Engineering Association, Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.
- John Somavarapu, Chief Engineer, Large Industries North America, American Air Liquide
- Juliana Schmitz, Associate Director, Global Process Safety, Linde
- Stephen Keen, Director, Process Risk and IMS Management, Air Liquide
- Todd Quintard, Director of Remote Operations, Messer North America, Inc.
- Marius Berndt, Process Engineer, Messer SE & Co. KGaA
- Chad Texter, Global Mechanical Integrity Manager, Air Products & Chemicals, Inc.
- Walt Mishkovsky, Senior Manager Process Safety, Messer North America, Inc.
- Robyn Tengler, Senior Process Safety & Compliance Manager, Air Liquide
- Guillaume Cardon, Technical Commission Engineer, Air Liquide
For more information on this seminar and other CGA events, visit www.cganet.com/events