Call for Presentations: CGA Safety & Reliability of Industrial Gases, Equipment, and Facilities Seminar (Oct. 16-17, 2019)
March 31, 2019
Since our founding in 1913, the Compressed Gas Association has focused on promoting the safe manufacture, transportation, storage, transfilling, and disposal of industrial and medical gases and their containers.
In line with this mission, CGA is proud to present the 2019 Safety & Reliability of Industrial Gases, Equipment, and Facilities Seminar on October 16 – 17, 2019 in Hollywood, Florida.
2019 Call for Presentations
CGA’s Atmospheric Gases and Equipment Committee Seminar Planning Task Force seeks both safety and reliability presentations on the following topics:
- Safe design and operation of air separation, carbon dioxide, and HyCO (hydrogen and/or carbon monoxide) plants;
- Air separation plant design considerations for safe operation and operational safety practices;
- Industrial gas pipelines incidents, operations, and design considerations;
- Implementation of upgrades to existing plants and equipment;
- Personnel injuries and lessons learned;
- Pipeline backup systems;
- Safe location of oxygen and nitrogen vents;
- Liquid and cold gas oxygen valves;
- Turboexpander operation and maintenance;
- Liquid oxygen pump energy releases;
- Hydrocarbon hazards in air separation units;
- Pressurized gaseous oxygen hazards;
- Safe location of occupied buildings at industrial gas plants;
- Reliability program metrics, including personnel and atmospheric monitoring impacts;
- Common on-site asphyxiation hazards and safeguards;
- Analyzer calibration and safety;
- Unmanned or remotely operated plant considerations;
- Steam methane reformer and HyCO plant design considerations for safe operation;
- New industry research and testing; and
- Any additional topics that could be of benefit to others
If you would like to provide a presentation at this seminar, please contact Committee Project Manager Kristy Mastromichalis at CGA in Chantilly, Virginia (703-788-2728) with your proposed presentation topic and estimated time required, by no later than Friday, April 19, 2019.
Please note: This seminar is open only to CGA members (and certain associate members). Only individuals who work for CGA member firms may make presentations at this event. If you’d like to submit a proposal for a presentation, but work for an organization that is not currently a member of the Compressed Gas Association, we invite you to learn more about CGA member eligibility and benefits.