Call for Presentations:
CGA 2022 Safety & Reliability of Industrial Gases, Equipment, and Facilities Seminar
October 18 – 19, 2022
In-Person (location to be announced)
February 10, 2022
Since the founding of the Compressed Gas Association (CGA) in 1913, it has been our mission to promote the safe manufacture, transportation, storage, transfilling, and disposal of industrial and medical gases and their containers. Consistent with that mission, CGA is proud to present the 2022 Safety & Reliability of Industrial Gases, Equipment, and Facilities Seminar on October 18-19, 2022.
Open to CGA members and members of affiliated associations, this seminar focuses on improving the safe operation of air separation facilities and processes. Industry experts from around the world are expected to present, sharing insights on a range of topics.
2022 Call for Presentations
CGA’s Atmospheric Gases and Equipment Committee Seminar Planning Task Force is seeking both safety and reliability presentations on the following topics:
- Safe design and operation of air separation, carbon dioxide, and HyCO plants;
- Air separation plant design considerations for safe operation and operational safety practices;
- Industrial gas pipelines incidents, operations, and design considerations;
- Implementation of upgrades to existing plants and equipment;
- Personnel injuries and lessons learned;
- Pipeline backup systems;
- Safe location of oxygen and nitrogen vents;
- Liquid and cold gas oxygen valves;
- Turboexpander operation and maintenance;
- Liquid oxygen pump energy releases;
- Hydrocarbon hazards in air separation units;
- Pressurized gaseous oxygen hazards;
- Safe location of occupied buildings at industrial gas plants;
- Reliability program metrics, including personnel and atmospheric monitoring impacts;
- Common on-site asphyxiation hazards and safeguards;
- Analyzer calibration and safety;
- Unmanned or remotely operated plant considerations;
- Steam methane reformer and HyCO plant design considerations for safe operation;
- New industry research and testing;
- Any other topic from which others could benefit
How to Submit a Presentation Proposal
Please note: This seminar is open only to CGA members (and certain associate members). Only individuals who work for CGA member companies may make presentations at this event. If you’d like to submit a proposal for a presentation, but work for an organization that is not currently a member of the Compressed Gas Association, we invite you to learn more about CGA member eligibility and benefits.
If you work for a CGA member company and would like to provide a presentation at this seminar, send your proposed topic and estimated time required for your presentation to CGA Committee Administrator Jill Thompson, by Friday, April 15, 2022.
Send an email to Jill by completing the form below and clicking “Submit.” All required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).